Wednesday, January 16, 2013

RTU 101

Hi,
I'm Roger
I'm from Menlo Park, California which I've pretty much stopped telling people because when I tell people here that I'm from Menlo Park the give me the same confused look that I give people when they tell me which tiny town in Ohio they're from. So I just say I'm from San Francisco, which probably gives people a much better idea of who I am thanks to all the stereotypes... Seriously though, I love food, I'm a huge liberal, I support gay marriage and legalizing weed, I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro, I have pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge on my Facebook, and my Instagram account is all pictures of overpriced food that I so love. About the only stereotype I choose not to conform to is being tan (thanks British heritage).
All my childhood I wanted to be funny more than anything, I read comic books like Calvin and Hobbes and Zits all throughout my childhood and told jokes constantly and did my best to make everyone I talked to laugh... it didn't work out very well... Eventually after about 10 years of no one but my parents laughing at my jokes I became so cynical and mean that people started laughing. Awesome! My high school was conveniently located smack dab between one of the richest and one of the poorest parts of Northern California, which made for a wide spectrum of demographics in classes. That's where I learned how prejudices are formed...
I played Water Polo all four years and swam for three. My Junior year I joined the improv team so I could stand on a stage with 7 other guys and make inappropriate jokes in front of the entire school. That was pretty cool. I decided to come here because I wanted to experience something different than what I had seen for 18 years in the suburbs of Silicon Valley.
Mission Accomplished.
I've spent a lot of time on what I think should be a pretty simple blog post so I'm gonna wrap up in rapid fire mode.
I'm a Psych major, I love my Giants, I love my 49ers, I love my girlfriend, I love food, I love my friends and family, and I love sushi, so much so that it deserves to be praised in a separate category other than food in general. I hate math, I like writing, I love Psychology, and I work at a luggage store.

No comments:

Post a Comment