Monday, February 18, 2013

The Home of the Only Sport Miami is Actually Good at

For my Inquiry I'm doing Goggin Ice Center, specifically the rink that the varsity team plays on. I go to most of the hockey games anyway, so I'm familiar with the rink. I'm planning on going during hockey games and other times throughout the day to see what else goes on there, what teams practice there, etc. I want to see the difference between the student section, where the band sits, and where the people who pay for tickets sit. For my research, I'm going to try to find out how hockey stadiums are designed and the atmosphere that each architect wanted to convey and see if it worked out how they wanted. I'll take pictures of the ice rink before, during and after games to see what changes and how it affects the atmosphere. I'm planning on talking to the people that go to the hockey games or go to Goggin regularly so I can hear what they think. I'm looking forward to talking to students and non-students to see how their perspectives and interests shift based on age and relation to the university.

2 comments:

  1. Im very excited to here about noggin ice center. Im a huge hockey fan, and yes it is miami's best sport besides rugby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it will be a really fun paper for you! I am excited to see what the ice center is like when there isn't a game going on, and how the different people think about Goggin. I think that asking the different types of people that go to the games how they feel about the ice center will give you better insight and more information for your paper!

    ReplyDelete